Clove bud originates from the clove tree which is native to Southeast Asia. Clove bud essential oil is one of the most popular oils due to its antiseptic, antiviral and antifungal properties. It is particularly known for its oral benefits ever since the ancient Greeks and Romans used clove bud to alleviate tooth aches and bad breath. Here are some more handy facts about the noted abilities of clove bud:
- Eliminate mould: Its antibacterial and antimould qualities assist in the removal of mould.
- Reduce nausea: It is often used to reduce nausea, vomiting and morning sickness in pregnancy.
- Infections: Its antiseptic properties render it as an effective agent in the treatment of wounds, cuts, athlete’s foot, infections and bruises.
- Dental care: Although it is not recommended that pure clove oil should be induced or applied topically, or any pure essential oil for that matter, rinsing your mouth with clove oil that is excessively diluted in water may help reduce tooth pain, gum pain, cavities and bad breath.
- Decrease stress: Clove oil is considered an aphrodisiac which helps to overcoming stress.
- Insect repellant: The strong scent of clove bud assists in warding away insects.
- Blood circulation: Massage your skin and muscles using clove oil diluted in a carrier oil to improve blood circulation.
Essentials In-A-Box sells a 15ml pure Clove Bud essential oil for AU$17.95.